FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW MUCH ROLE DOES DIET PLAY IN HEALTHY SKIN, NAILS AND HAIR?
Skin hair and nails are primarily made of protein. These proteins are keratin , collagen and elastin. Most of us get our protein in form of meat, fish eggs, legumes and dairy products.
Consider taking at least one portion of meat, fish, egg or legume in a day and 2 servings of dairy products in a day.
Other important things that can and should be added in our diet for lustrous hair as well as clear skin can be:-
1. Essential fatty acids- Eg. Omega 3 and Omega 6 .:- If u have a dry and itchy scalp, it can be attributed to deficiency of Omega 3 and Omega 6 as these essential fatty acids are not produced by the body instead, we have to introduce them to our biological system by Oral consumption. You can get these in foods such as fish, meats, chia seeds and flax seeds.
2. IRON- Tired and lacking energy? This can be due to low Iron in the diet. Skin may become pale, itchy and dry. Further, Low Iron is also a main cause for our nails becoming brittle. Foods like all green leafy vegetables that are rich in iron that can help fight you tiredness and low energy and help you with the above stated symptoms.
3. NUTS- A handful of nuts will also help u add the essential fats needed for good hair and skin
4.KIWI FRUIT AND VITAMIN C ENRICHED FOODS- Vitamin C is essential to make Collagen. As our Skin ages it loses Collagen., consider taking oranges, grapefruit, lemons and many other Vitamin C enriched fruits in your diet.
5. BETA CAROTENE And VITAMIN A - All yellow, green and red vegetables are rich in beta carotene that further converts to Vitamin A. The same is most popularly found in Carrots, Pumpkins and Mangoes.
6. WATER- To keep your Skin and Nails hydrated, drink plenty of water. Water aids circulation and supply of nutrients in the body, that induces glow on the skin and strong nails.
LIKE I ALWAYS SAY WE ARE WHAT WE EAT.